For 15 buns
Dry yeast-1 tsp
Salt to taste
All purpose flour-2 cups
Egg white-1,for egg wash
White sesame seeds for sprinkling
1. Kiri Cheese or the following stuffing is great
Chicken Mince 200g
Onions-4 big, finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
Chilli powder-1/2 -1tbsp [depending on your spice level]
Dhanya powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
· Heat oil, fry onions till brown, add the ginger garlic paste and saute till it gives out a nice aroma.
· Reduce the heat and add the powders and mix well for 2 mins.
· Add the mince and mix well. Add salt to taste. Cover and cook till mince is done. You can also add chopped coriander leaves for garnish and sprinkle some lime juice
· Use it for filling the dough.
Method For the Buns
· Dissolve the yeast in warm water with 1/2tbsp sugar and 1/2 tbsp of all purpose flour. Leave aside for 10 minutes.
· Boil the milk and allow to cool down till it is warm. Add sugar, oil and salt.
· Mix well with a wooden spoon till the sugar dissolves and add 1 cup flour and mix to a smooth paste.
· Add the beaten egg, yeast and mix.Add the remaining flour and mix well till it forms a smooth dough.
· Knead well for 10 mins.
· Let it rest till it doubles in volume.
· Punch down the dough lightly using your palm and divide them equally.
· Flatten them into small discs and fill them with 1 tbsp of the filling. Re-shape them into a ball.Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
· Let it stand for another 20 mins.
· Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 10 mins. When it starts to brown, give them an egg wash using 1 slightly beaten egg white.